Tama is a lifelong resident of central Minnesota and has called Saint Cloud home for more than three decades. She and her husband, Greg co-owns several small businesses where Tama serves as CFO and office manager. Together, they have three wonderful children and two grandchildren. Her family attends Church of the Holy Spirit in Saint Cloud.
Tama believes that building a strong community starts at home and enjoys serving central Minnesota in a number of ways. Her community involvement includes:
- Mentor to small business owners as former President of the Central Minnesota Builders Association
- Past Chair and Vice Chair of Chamber Connection, Saint Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce
- Sales and Management Program Advisory Board, Saint Cloud Technical and Community College
- Former Good Shepherd Lutheran Foundation Board Member
- Commissioner, City of Saint Cloud Transportation Infrastructure Advisory Board
- Past President of Birthline, Inc.
- Former Quiet Oaks Hospice House Board of Directors Member
- Fundraiser for a new skateboard park in Saint Cloud
- Volunteer, Freedom Flight Inc. which promotes awareness for POWs/MIAs
- Board Member Central Minnesota Mental Health Center
- State Representative for District 14A, Minnesota House of Representatives